Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Colourful inspiration and all new vintage stock!


Well, after weeks of painting - and I must thank Mike for pulling out all the stops and spending what seemed like every waking hour with a paintbrush stuck to his hand! - the Clock House is finally finished! Of course, now comes the dilemma of how to furnish it! Here is my desk chair, which I have repainted - I've also re-covered the seat in a gorgeous and vibrant vintage French fabric - it's providing a welcome splash of colour in the light and bright interior...


A blank canvas...

It makes a very pleasant change to work from somewhere so light and airy - of course I will be adding lots of colour in the form of painted furniture and textiles. But I'm not going to rush. For now, the chair is providing inspiration, acting as food for thought...

The Clock House is certainly going to aid photography during the long dark days ahead! Don't get me wrong, I love our cosy and dark cottage but at this time of year, the small rooms and low ceilings do make photography rather challenging! It has been very cold this week and so my thoughts turned to cosy nights when I was updating the website, this beautiful candlewick bedspread will be a delight to snuggle under during the winter months! This is just one of today's many new additions to the website - I have some really pretty textiles and homewares so do pop along for a browse.

Cosy candlewick...

...and pretty handmade peg bags.

I have some exciting news with regard to the Vintage Home online shop but that will have to wait until next week - now it's back to my list of things to do/buy/make for the Clock House! The list includes putting up curtains, hanging pictures and organising stock. Then there's running the telephone and network cables inside and fitting guttering - guess who gets to play house and who gets to do the latter!!! Our final purchase will be a clock for the dormer - I've yet find one I like but I'm sure I will soon!

Before, I go, I'd like to thank everyone for their comments on my last post. It made me realise how many of our traditional services have been lost, which is a great shame. Here's to living the vintage way as best as possible in a modern world!

Update 29th October: The Vintage Home online shop is on the move! The success of Vintage Home has meant that after only a few months online we've outgrown our current web host and are moving to a new, faster and larger virtual home on the web. To celebrate this, we've some fabulous NEW FEATURES lined up, the shop will double in size and we've a special Christmas gift idea too! So, if the site disappears for a few hours here and there over the next day or so whilst we transfer - don't worry...it's all for the better!

26 comments:

  1. Hi Clare

    It looks absolutely fabulous - and from what I can see Mike didn't miss a patch at all!!! Well done Mike - hee hee. (Are we still welcome?)

    You'll have such fun arranging and rearranging (and buying). My 'shed' won't be large enough to play in quite as much, but I'm hoping there's be a small area where I can work and display as opposed to it just being storage.

    Can't wait to see the CH in a couple of weeks' time.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow clare, i just love it! i could move in tomorrow even with no heating etc. I do love the chair. I am a fan of red's and have quite a bit of red in my living and dining room. especially red florals! your hubby is a superstar, what alot of work he has done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Clare! How I envy that wonderful blank canvas you are able to decorate! And with all your vintage treasures, I'm sure I'd envy it even more once you've finished!

    Good news for you... you won my Autumn Giveaway! I think I may need your address... I try to save the addresses of my favorite sellers but I've misplaced the paper (HA - and I'm sending you an address book)! heehee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it looks amazing! All that white clean space just waiting to be filled with inspiring objects. I have to admit to being a little bit jealous. Can't wait to see what you do with it. The chair is an excellent start. I don't know if you made it to Stow on Saturday. If so, I must apologise for my absense. I had to cancel last minute due to a nasty ear infection which made me extremely dizzy. I spent the week feeling like I was on a rocking ship! Very disappointing as I'd been looking forward to the Stow Fair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Clock House is looking fantastic, I think I'm suffering from a serious bout of envy here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What can I say, it's simply gorgeous Clare.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks gorgeous Clare. I don't care how you arrange the furniture or which curtains you hang, just as long as it's ready for me to move into asap!!!! Good luck with it all, you have worked so hard. It's beautiful
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Clare, you lucky thing, it's just gorgeous and I cannot wait to see how you furnish it!

    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my first visit here but I have to tell you that is a fantastic place! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a gorgeous blank canvas, less is more in a place like that! enjoy every moment!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the chair!!!! Such a beautiful pattern -
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clare you have both done such a great job, it looks fantastic. I am envious, because although I have a nice work room the room has never been properly finished and I don't know if it ever will. I have so much stuff in it the paint job would be impossible LOL.

    best wishes Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh,boy when do I get to move in? :) Seriously, that is a great space so light & airy. Looking forward to seeing how you splash it with color...love the chair.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhhh... I'm in heaven! Beutiful, inspiring pictures - love seeing a blank canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Clare, your Clock House is just great! I love the light and bright and bet that you do need it during the cold months in England. Love the chair and fabric - so fresh and vibraint indeed! I cannot wait to see how the space transforms in the wonderful way that you just do so perfectly!

    xo,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the new seat cushion but that loft is absolutely fabulous. I would LOOOOVE to have one on my room for my bed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your clock house is completely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh what a beautiful space...
    The 'Zen' side of me would leave it just as it is with maybe just a splash of colour with a vase of sunflowers.. the 'Victorian collector' side of me would instantly fill it with all my acquired clutter..
    You will make it something beautiful ....
    I shall watch this space with great anticipation!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Clare, the clock house looks fab in white!! It muct be an exciting time now it comes to furnishing and organising the interior, all the best :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Clare,

    I love your new space. I am sure that it is going to be an inspiration.

    Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Clock House looks so wonderful! You will decorate her in fine Vintage fashion too.
    Glad you are being so successful!
    Your vintage way is inspiring.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Clare
    Love your paint! Could I move in to your clock house? LOL! Oh my it is just so sunny looking. I just found your blog not to long ago and just got my blog running. Care if I add you to my favorites?
    xoxo
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a dream come true! I know you are so excited to get moved in....and we're so excited to see it when you do!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well, I was just wandering around and found your gorgeous blog. What a beautiful blank canvas to create with...I love the windows. I can't wait to stop back and see what you do with this space. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Clare - Well done to you both on such a fabulous transformation. The Clock House is stunning - the perfect place to photograph your 'Vintage Home' goodies! Good luck with your future plans for the website too!

    Maybe a certain patchwork armchair would be at home in there?!! ;-))

    Niki x

    ReplyDelete