Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Coast 2 Coast Bike Ride!


Okay, so there's nothing vintage or crafty about this post, but I felt I had to tell you about the challenge my husband and our friend are about to embark on!

They are leaving on Saturday 23rd September '06 to ride twice the length of the UK, on their motorbikes. They hope to raise lots of money for a cancer charity - in fact they've done quite well so far and have collected £3,000 already!

Pete was diagnosed with terminal cancer last year, aged only 38.

I think it will be quite a gruelling experience for them, as they have to ride for 5 hours a day to complete the challenge on time. They will be filming the ride and producing their own DVD of the journey!

The local newspapers and Central News have been following the story, and will film their departure on Saturday morning.

We have arranged a surprise for Pete - Ewan McGregor (Long Way Round, with Charley Boorman) has sent us a copy of their book about the road trip, with a personal, signed message to Pete. They were his inspiration for this ride so it will be a lovely surprise for him. Mike intends to present the book to him during the filmed interview on Saturday - should be a great moment!

Pete is married with a 4 year old son and is determined to leave a lasting memory for his little boy.

So, good luck both of you!

6 comments:

  1. Good Luck Mike and Pete!...Hope you raise lots of money -but also create lots of positive memories....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of luck to them both! I hope they both enjoy the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare, What a lovely surprise for Pete. I'm sure he'll be thrilled. Good luck, Mike. We'll be monitoring your progress via Clare. Take care, and have a wonderful special time with Pete. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! what a nice blog! I found you via Niki,I love your pics, and what an amazing post this last one is, I wish both of the boys the very best of luck, I am sure it will be a day to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to say good luck to Mike and Pete too, it certainly is a worthy cause as so many lives are riuned by cancer.

    ReplyDelete