Monday, September 25, 2006

A New Project!
I had a lovely time on Saturday at the antiques fair at Shepton Mallet and came home with some gorgeous things! This is one of them; a pretty painted and glazed cupboard, intended for my bathroom. I may yet change the interior colour as my bathroom is painted in a Laura Ashley paint; 'pale crocus' - perhaps I should cover the interior in some vintage wallpaper - what do you think? Either way, it will be a new home for my growing collection of old talc tins!
As usual, Sue & Niki had some lovely things for sale. Sue; the crocus jelly mould has found a good home and Niki; that old postcard album is quite beautiful, I will treasure it!
More photos of newly acquired treasures to follow soon...!

6 comments:

  1. Another nice cupboard - well done, you! I'm glad the jelly mould was a success. I'll be keeping an eye out for a peapod!! Despite the rain on Friday there were plenty of people about and the Fair generally buzzed all weekend. I'm ready for a rest now though! Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Clare,
    Glad you enjoyed yourself.
    The cupboard is lovely!! Perfect for your collection...another job for Mike though...putting it up on the wall!!
    Hope you had fun putting all of your Klein postcards in the album.
    Niki.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE small cupboards...this one is so sweet...I've been "on the road antiquing"...away from my desk...take a peek at the latest finds on stuffintheburbs...

    chat soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Clare, just found your lovely blog. I'm another vintage fabric fan. I adore your quilts, fabrics and general vintage bits you have posted so far. Your cottage looks beautiful. Bye for now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cupboard, and a lovely collection. Like the idea of vintage wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As soon as I've revamped it I'll post a photo - I don't think it will take long to fill it - perhaps I'll need another cupboard soon!

    ReplyDelete