Sunday, September 17, 2006

Baking Day!


My husband overheard the neighbour telling his young son what he was cooking for Sunday lunch and decided it was high time that he too should get to grips with that strange appliance (the cooker!) in the kitchen and create something tasty (or at the very least edible!!!!) As I'd just got back from blackberry picking down the lane, and our apple tree is heavy with fruit, he decided it had to be an apple an blackberry crumble - not too complicated - but mixing the topping with crushed digestives and plenty of cinnamon ensured it was a really tasty pud! The only dilemma was whether to serve it with custard or icecream - or both!!!

Needless to say, it didn't last long - I've now looked out a few more adventurous recipes for him - watch out Jamie Oliver!!!

3 comments:

  1. Well done Mike!!!...I'm impressed....maybe you could come round and give my husband some lessons!!...?
    Lovely photos Clare!
    See you soon, Niki.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, your talents never cease to amaze me! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always find these posts when I'm hungry...which is now...can't wait to catch up tomorrow with my coffee..Chow

    ReplyDelete